Bhalu’s A Course in Miracles Journal

More
1 year 3 months ago #1656 by Bhalu
I am beginning an exploration into the mystical side of my Christian tradition. Having been born of the faith and become wayward more than once, I have seen many sides of spirituality. There has been, recently, a desire for me to synchronize my various and seemingly disparate parts into something that can stand together. A Course in Miracles has been on my shelf for a long time. Perhaps 4-5 years now. Originally, I did not think much of it, as the premise is not believable to me and I thought perhaps it was a scam. Through further research, it has become clear that the Course is truly whatever one makes of it. There is no governing body, there is no true author, there is nobody to say whether something is correct. There is only the Voice of God. 
Now, to explain a bit of that as well. God, in the Course, is only the lens by which we view the Divine. In fact, it is our limited perception that requires such a lens. In actuality, the Divine is something universal that all religious faiths have opportunity to tap into. They can thus see with equal glance the universe beyond perception and opinion. They can see beyond duality and its challenges. They can see perfection in the form of Love. 
Divinity, then, is approachable from many paths. The Course actually states that we all will finish the path. We will all take the journey and learn what we must learn; it is only up to us when we learn these lessons. ACIM uses a familiar language to me. I am thus predisposed to claim it as a path I am comfortable with. It is my people, my culture, my way forward. In the past, having lived the Buddhist, Taoist, and Jedi/Sith/Shadow lives, I found myself incomplete. Of course, my youth was never going to allow for a complete journey. I was too precocious, independent, and afraid. I was unwilling to do the work completely because I felt like I belonged in the realm of mediocrity. So, I used my intellect and with to circumvent doing the vulnerable stuff. I allowed my mind to convince itself that it was developing any sort of mastery. This was illusion. I knew something was amiss, but I remained quiet due to my own insecurities. Eventually, this led to me leaving all spiritual paths. I embraced the mediocrity, and I became a nothing. No purpose, no direction, no path walking. 
There are some things I have learned. First, if I am to take a spiritual path it must be on my own terms. I am cursed to travel alone and will never be able to find the openness I need to walk a group-path. In this way, were I ever to return to the Jedi, it would be as an independent person. However, keep in mind that anything is possible by the grace of God. We shall find out. Second, I learned that I am more a fool than I ever have been. This is a good thing. Now, at the beginning again, can I see afresh the path ahead with new eyes. It’s fun too. I am able to distill information that might take years for one to learn but for my extensive spiritual work. I am able to discern the truth that much quicker. It is helping my ADHD believe in what I am doing. And, third, I have a lot of hang ups with ACIM. I don’t really believe in a BEING called God, but I do believe in Being. I think ACIM is compatible with this, from what I’ve read about it. Some other time, I may explain my own views on Divinity. 
I am excited about the work ahead. Please feel free to respond to my journal posts! I welcome discussion and questions about what I’m doing. Here or Discord are fine. 

With Love,
Bhalu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1657 by Bhalu
Please login to view the answers

More
1 year 3 months ago #1658 by Raven

--Raven
Shadow Master

Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens.

--Carl Jung

More
1 year 3 months ago #1659 by Bhalu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raven

More
1 year 3 months ago #1660 by Bhalu

More
1 year 3 months ago #1661 by Bhalu

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today