"The Lost Fable"

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #638 by Setanaoko
This is an idea I toyed around with last month, and just haven't gotten around to posting the first one. It's an invitation for us to use a pre-existing story each month to explore our aspects respective games/philosophy and share them with the rest of the community.

I chose "The Lost Fable" from RWBY. To watch it, you don't need to know anything about the series prior, except that the war is still going on. I tried looking for a shorter breakdown, but key components of the story needed to facilitate this exercise were left out of all the discussions around the philosophy. So this is the shortest version.

roosterteeth.com/watch/rwby-volume-6-3

So what is the challenge? There are several different ones you can choose from, and you can do multiple:

<strong>Aspect Games-</strong>
After watching play your respective aspect's game inspired by the fable (you can also try your hand at another aspect's game!). So for the Light's game, you'll be doing a Reverse Jedi Sextant (narrow the number of cards you link to this down to 2-3). For the Shadows, create a "Shadow Be Shadow" board. Dark Aspect, create a board for a Glass Bead Game- with this story as the first bead. You can complete the board on your own, or you can invite someone else in to play with you. :)

If you're playing your game with others, feel free to play it in another area, but I'd love to have the completed product in here so that others can see your ingenuity in link with the story directly. ^^

<strong>Aspect Philosophy Exploration Question</strong>
This fable is the basis for the major conflict in RWBY. After learning all of this, what do you believe the guidance of your Aspect's Philosophy would be to the four girls watching all of this (they're the protagonists of the series, and are fighting against Salem, for reference)?

So that would mean, if you're Jedi, you'd have to justify your answer with the Jedi Compass/Code. If you're Sith, you might look to the document Luciana created (though I'm not sure where to find a copy of it now :pinch: ). I don't think the current DA or Shadow have a document like these, so it's a good opportunity to talk amongst yourselves and come up with answers together. Not to say the LA can't do that too, I'm hoping someone will, my door is always open to have a good conversation. :D

Like the first set of challenges, if you engage in the conversations elsewhere, please provide a summary in here of the discussion. ^^

p.s. I'm hoping we can use a different story every month for the same project- if anyone has a story they want to submit for the project let me know, and I'll put it on the schedule. ^^
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Setanaoko .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #675 by Setanaoko
Replied by Setanaoko on topic "The Lost Fable"
Please login to view the answers

More
3 years 5 months ago #707 by Setanaoko
Replied by Setanaoko on topic "The Lost Fable"
Please login to view the answers

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today