Life, the Great Filter

More
2 years 10 months ago #1034 by Sasha
Greetings. I know that it has been a while since I posted anything here, but I was struck with an epiphany today as I showered and prepared for my day, and I thought that you all might be interested in hearing about it.

I have long been a fan of the concept of the World Soul. Even before I knew that such a concept existed, I was struck with the idea of a sea of consciousness from which we all come and to which we all return upon our deaths. I was excited to find out that this was not, in fact, a novel concept, but rather that it had been around for quite some time. I felt that this lead credibility to my musings, as though I had somehow tapped into the collective consciousness and it had told me of itself.

In my mind, the Sea of Souls is like a vast ocean of consciousness. It is a collection of all spiritual essence from all of creation. It has no individuality, nor is it a committee of individuals. It is a plurality, an amalgamation of the experiences and consciousnesses of everything from the smallest quark to the universe itself. As things are born, droplets from the Sea are extracted and deposited into their material vessels, and when they cease to exist in our reality, their essence is returned to the Sea, bringing with it the sum total of their life experiences.

Now, I'm sure that you read the title and are saying to yourself, "Yeah, but Sasha, where does this 'filter' concept come into play?" Well, rhetorical person that I invented for this exchange, I'm glad you asked...

The epiphany that I had this morning was that everything that has transpired in the world is the result of ethereal essence from the Sea being given physical form. If we look back on the history of the universe, we see violence, pain, suffering. While those things certainly still exist today, I would argue that we are slowly making progress for the better. I believe that as we experience life, certain entities experience enlightenment to some extent, whether it be only in part, or completely. As these purified souls are reintroduced to the Sea, they inevitably become recontaminated, but the contaminants are now diluted.

I believe that it is the mission of our lives to strive for enlightenment, and that in doing so we ease the burden of those who will come after us. Will there be those who are filled with all of the nasty evils that still remain in the Sea? Of course. But how many people will be enlightened by their example? How many will be taught empathy by experiencing abuse? How many will be taught compassion by being confronted with hatred? How many will be taught respect by standing up to disrespect? Life ultimately filters out the negative things that ruin a soul, and, given enough time, perhaps our Sea will be cleansed.

~Sasha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today