Discussion Group: Think Like a Monk (Jay Shetty)

More
2 years 8 months ago #1091 by Bhalu
Hello friends,

I am embarking on a journey through Jay Shetty's Think Like a Monk, a wonderful and insightful book about aligning our decisions and choices with intentional values. On the surface, it looks like another self-help marketing ploy to make money. But, Jay actually has lived with monks and learned from them. He provides a myriad of tools for us to explore that we might shift our perspectives and focus on what we really want to do and be.

In this thread, I will provide exercises that we all can do. I'd invite you to write about them in the Open Journal section of the forum. If you'd like, we can discuss it in the Discord as well. Perhaps if there is enough interest, we could make a channel.

To do these exercises, you do NOT need the book. I will be providing relevant excerpts for you to see and use in your own life. However, I will say that the book is a great investment and very inexpensive on Amazon ($14 or so) as of October 13 2021.

If you would like to see my responses to the exercises, I will have a journal in the Open Journal section set up for my responses. I'd rather keep this thread clean for people to peruse the exercises and read the excerpts, if y'all don't mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris-Tien Jinn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #1092 by Bhalu
Please login to view the answers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today