Forums vs. Facebook

More
1 year 5 months ago #1370 by Setanaoko
After I got off the phone with Master Ellen and Master Conductus today, I realized why I find forums and Discord so much better than Facebook.  It use to be that Facebook's character limit was a major hinderance to me- anyone that knows me knows that I'm very long-winded both in text and in speech XD.  I write how I talk, I don't know what to tell you, lol.  But now the character limit has expanded immensely that's no longer a barrier.  Well I mean....it is, in a way, because for a long time the character limit was so low that now people just skim through what a person's thought process is.  But even pushing that to the side, there is something I realized:

The algorithm can set you in a mood.  Like this epiphany came to me about 10 minutes after I hung up the phone.  If you have a poor combination of posts and then suddenly you see a conversation going on that grabs your attention because it's by someone you know- it can absolutely put you in a frame of mind that isn't good for the conversation being had.  Now, obviously we've proven in the past that Forums are not devoid of this problem- but the influence of an algorithm is greatly reduced by the fact that a person can pick and choose which posts they want to engage in based on the title of a post.  This helps a little in easing the emotional strife when you enter a conversation.  At that point, it's really just a matter of the makeup of persons inside the discussion and how they want to direct it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1372 by Arden Wayfarer
Replied by Arden Wayfarer on topic Forums vs. Facebook
Please login to view the answers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko , Jason Garrett

More
1 year 4 months ago #1433 by Satelle +
Replied by Satelle + on topic Forums vs. Facebook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko , Arden Wayfarer

More
1 year 4 months ago #1442 by Satelle +
Replied by Satelle + on topic Forums vs. Facebook

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today