Ignation (Imaginative) Prayer

More
1 year 4 months ago #1517 by Setanaoko

This is a different way to pray that I learned yesterday and thought I'd share.  I couldn't really find a better video, all the other ones were too leading.  But this one is missing a key component that I was hoping would be in it.  That is, that as the story progresses,  let the character closest to God in the story (if you're using the Gospels, it will always be Jesus) be the messenger of the Holy Spirit.That is, a lot of the people that spoke up talked about how Jesus responded to their actions within the meditative prayer itself.  Sometimes it was simply about His demeanor, facial expressions or things he said to them directly in response to their own feelings/actions during the course of the story.I had never heard of this type of prayer before, but it easily became my favorite the moment I realized what it was.  In my own meditations, I've gotten close to this kind of contemplation-the only thing I was missing was allowing myself to believe the message of God was coming through.  I always played with it in my own head with my own words giving life to the scene.  That sort of back and forth dialogue we sometimes have with ourselves in the mirror.  

I will say that there was a distinct difference between inviting the Holy Spirit to speak in the meditation as the character of Jesus Christ, rather than creating a dialogue around it.  Which, to my own spirituality, does lead me to believe that the previous methodology I used was simply my own spirit speaking (which I already believed, this just affirmed it).  This also reaffirmed something I wrote about in my journal the night before- God respects boundaries, and that's why evil is unfortunately allowed to exist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today