I will seek knowledge with the understanding of self-ignorance (HJC Series)

More
1 year 2 months ago #1616 by Setanaoko
I will seek knowledge with the understanding of self-ignorance.

Being objective is an important facet of the Jedi Path. But the line “There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge”/“Ignorance, yet Knowledge” didn’t quite hit home the same way that Andy Spalding’s “I will seek knowledge with the understanding of self-ignorance”.

It’s the self-ignorance that is so vital to this line. It reminds us that we will never know everything. We can seek knowledge, but it doesn’t mean we’ll get it either. So to be reminded that we are fallible allows us to better have compassion for ourselves when our decisions go awry. Or when we have to decide to not act at all because it could go against the very grain of manifesting that all life is sacred.

For today’s discussion, let’s talk about this line a little differently than the others: At what point should you accept that you will remain ignorant of knowledge you would need to know the truth of a matter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #1618 by Jason Garrett
Please login to view the answers

May Peace and Light forever Shine on us all.
BOWS
Jason Garrett
Follower of the Light
Journeyman, Empath, Guardian and Protector
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko

More
1 year 2 months ago #1619 by Setanaoko

Moderators: Setanaoko

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today