Like relics from a dog's tooth

More
3 years 5 months ago #647 by John Smith
Or; the story of a simple man trying to make his way through the galaxy.

Let's start with the story that inspired the title of my journal. I'll tell you where I heard it at the end. Might even put something to think about.

A long time ago in the land of the snow lion there was a trader. The trader's mother guilted him into getting her a relic of the Buddha while he was out, something which he agreed to. The trader had many adventures and was a day from his house when he realized he never got his mother a relic. So, desperate to do something, he found a dog's tooth and put it in his pouch.

When he came home his mother demanded her relic and her son gave her the tooth. She cried with joy as she put the tooth on the altar and prayed with absolute faith. Her son looked on first with guilt, then with sadness, then with shock as actual signs and wonders manifested as if the tooth was actually a relic.

So it is that, through faith and devotion, many things are possible.

My hope for this journal is that I can bring clarity to my own mind and, like relics from a dog's tooth, perhaps others might benefit.

BTW, I first read it in a practice to Chenrezig, the author was referring to himself at the dedication at the end. His name,by the way, is Tenzin Gyatso, more commonly known as His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

And this is why I believe humility is so important. This is the way.

May the Force be with you, and may compassion guide your hand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #651 by John Smith
Please login to view the answers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today