Lesson from A New Hope.

• Jesse Alexander
  • Jesse Alexander's Avatar Topic Author
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #1079 by Jesse Alexander
Lesson from A New Hope. was created by Jesse Alexander
Luke Skywalker's Remote Training with Lightsaber.
This is and will probably remain one of my favorite scenes in all of Star Wars history. In this particular scene Obi-Wan says to Luke, "Your eyes can betray you, don't trust them". Now on a surface level this could be interpreted as Obi-Wan alluding to a false sense of reality, but I think if we look at the deeper message here we will begin to realize what Obi-Wan was really alluding to was that Luke needed to strengthen all of his sensory faculties. By this I mean no one can be %100 sure of any situation without first taking in all sensory information to complete a whole picture. Initially Luke before putting on the helmet with blast shield was relying on only his eyes to detect the remote and its location in the space in front of him. Obviously Luke was hit by the laser blast coming his way and I assert this is because Luke did not have full sensory data within his senses to detect where the remote was and where it was moving to. It wasn't until Obi-Wan instructed him to put the helmet with blast shield on that Luke was able to hone his other senses as well as his arcane senses so that his mind and body and energetic signature were in tune with the remote. Now the lesson that we should take away from this is that we should always try to use all of our mental/physical senses before approaching any situation that may result in conflict and possible injury. We must reach out with our feelings and become one with the situation to truly understand and approach it in a non-judgmental way, we must hear what we see, we must feel what we hear and above all, have compassion even when we are brought to anger. May the Force be with us all!
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Jesse Alexander.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today