Loremaster's continuing Journey

More
2 years 1 week ago #1319 by Ellen Merritt
     Years ago - has it really been a decade? - I was helping a young man with informal, basic Jedi training. He had some Gifts including clairvoyance and during one meditation session,  ran into an interesting being. I told this to Ally in the Jedi Mystic course. The being had been, in life, a medicine woman in what is now New Guinea. She sought me out to help her because of our shared affinity with owls. Long story short,  she was cursed because she misused her powers. I helped her break the curse and move on. In return,  she gave me the sum total of her knowledge and abilities and warned me that some of them came from Dark sources. I thought that I would just refuse to use the Dark powers. Silly me. It's a package deal. Last April,  Hecate came calling.  She and I are having some very interesting conversations regarding balance, the Divine and the true nature of darkness. "Darkness does not necessarily equate with "evil". I had known for a long time that more often than not,  evil deeds are done in the name of Goodness, Light, religion,  even the Divine.  Current events only cement that in my mind. 
     There is a Divine Force which is all goodness,  love and Light. It wears many faces and forms. It has many names. I have seen and interacted with several Deity forms over the years and serve the Divine. As a Paladin,  and in the Christian denomination of which we are currently members, I took an oath to oppose evil, injustice and oppression in all its forms. I stand by that to this day and will continue to stand by it. 
That being said,  there is a Force which I term the "anti-Divine", which is dedicated to spreading chaos, hatred and destruction. Likewise,  this has many names and takes many forms. This, I fight against.  
     There are children and young people now in increasing numbers are showing signs of esoteric Gifts and an inner balance that I had not dreamed possible when I was a child. Of course,  there is a global paradigm shift towards balance and equality.  Those on Earth will either embrace it and adapt or will pass on to the next life. It's a gradual ascension and the turbulent times reflect the last efforts of those in power to grasp and clutch that power. I don’t know exactly what the future holds.  I see all kinds of possible futures as a general rule.  I do know that the concept of polarization, if not duality,  is fading. This perhaps can be most apparent in the increasing number of young people who are having struggles with gender and sexual identity. 
     Whatever the future holds,  we as Jedi need to "lead with the heart" in whatever we do...and remember that "the power of love is greater than the love of power", as a recent opinion editorial pointed out.  It might not seem like it in the moment,  but it is so. 

More to come. 

May the Force be with you, and may you rest in the love and care of the Divine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko , Chris-Tien Jinn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #1322 by Chris-Tien Jinn
Please login to view the answers

"We are all better than we know. If only we can be brought to realise this, we may never be prepared to settle for anything less" - Kurt Hahn, founder of Outward Bound

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today