Meditation Assignment 1:

More
2 years 1 week ago #1325 by Charla sapharin
I am familiar with meditation by knowing many cultures have some form of meditation, though only through the Star Wars genre it is called 'the Force'. There are many names for this 'force'......God, Great Spirit,  the Universe,  and even The Law of Attraction.  In my younger years, I did 'ok' when I meditated, but as time has gone on, and I have gotten older, my concentration is not like it was. Like Obi-Wan, I am 'rusty' in the Force. Even now, though, when I attempt meditation, I see white light, which is comforting to me, as I feel that I've not slipped to the Dark Side, having been away from anything Star Wars or Jedi for years..  

I am a visulizer. I 'see' raindom pictures (not my imagination, mind you), that are fleeting. Some times, I am aware of feelings and emotions.  I need more concentration and practice to stay mediitating . I find that I am now too easily distracted by the physical world, even though it is quiet and/ or dark in my room.. I also have found myself falling asleep , and continuing  the white light, andd visions in my sleep. Sometimes, this s so real, that I can feel objects in these visions as solid objects like one would in the physical world.  I don't know if that still counts as meditation. Maybe I have the Star Wars Jedi version of meditation, portrayed in the movies,  as the proper way of meditation, or the yogis who sit cross-legged and meditate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko , Jerboa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today