Adreon's Journal

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #1352 by Adreon Yoshu
Hello!
2 months and 21 days ago I decided to get back to Jedi training. I started 3 forms of martial arts, Kung Fu, Kali and Tai Chi (sometimes a little bit of Jeet Kune Do) I am a believer in different styles doing different things. I recently went through a lot of grief and so much of it has been about me building community and healing my body again. Something I have been wanting to do but have not done is start a journal on my Jedi training.
Unfortunately one of my overnight staff quit on the spot yesterday (my trouble maker) so I had to change some things around and skip Kung Fu class yesterday. I look forward to class so I hate skipping it for work. Got to make up for it today! I am working on my Lohans (I am up to 7 now!) and the beginning of a staff form. I am hoping to test soon. I know the material for white belt and am learning a bit of Yellow but I am only 3 months in and trying to slow myself down and keep working on the basics. I am also waiting for a good time to test when I can do it with a peer of mine I am hoping to make friends with and buddy up with on training. I am really trying to surround myself with people I admire and want to be. A lot of my focus lately has been gathering mentors and "students" or people who are on the climb and working on themselves. Today I am gathering a bit of motivation and following some advice from a martial artist by the name Niel Ripski.

"1 No crying in kung fu
2 There's nothing basic about basics
3 Sometimes there is crying in kung fu
4 hand moves, foot moves
5 Get in your legs. Without them you have no legs"

Later I will go to Saberforge and please my inner child. On the 9th of every month I give myself an "Artists Date" where I do something kind for myself or my inner child. I missed mine this month because things got busy so I owe myself something fun. I'll post some photos if they are open. I will use all my self control not to spend money! Haha, we will see how that goes... wish me luck!

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Adreon Yoshu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today