SA: A Look Within

More
1 year 7 months ago #1408 by Paxius Dominus
Shadow Aspect Assignments 1: Shadow Tenets 1) personal responsibility: Owning mistakes as much as successes; Acknowledging and fulfilling duties that are yours to carry out2) perspective: Viewpoints and the way you see the world3) balance: A dynamic state of maintaining center and avoiding dipping into extremes4) awareness: Knowing the extent of your surroundings and circumstances5) mindfulness: Being open to receiving new information as it arises, being aware of your internal state and it's movements 6) context: Information and details concerning a situation that are not immediately apparent 7) complexity: The level of detail that can be applied to a situation or actionPersonal Responsibility: 1- As a shift lead, it is part of my role to admit my failures in my daily report, as well as to my team so that they know where I went wrong. 2- There are certain duties I have to fulfill in my home life, such as taking out the trash, loading the dishwasher, etc, that are my part of the chores, and I do them daily or else the chain that keeps the house clean is brokenPerspective: 1- As a father, I have to be able to listen to my children when they want to give perspective on why chores or homework aren't done. It does help to understand, but more importantly it gives them the respect due to living humans, and they value that. 2- I also have to give perspective to my superiors. If a task is not done or a problem not solved, I have to explain why so they understand we didn't just ignore an assignment.
Balance: 1- I strive daily to balance my internal emotions with expressing them in a healthy manner.2- My meditations and other metaphysical practices also rely on balancing Yin with Yang and avoiding extremes of energy. Awareness: 1- Situational awareness is part of my job. I monitor the plant throughout my shift to know when something breaks so I may respond quicker. 2- I also strive to maintain an awareness of my internal emotions and my responses to external stimuli.Mindfulness: 1- Similar to awareness, I maintain a mindfulness of my emotions so that if something tips the balance, I know before I act. 2- I practice mindfulness as a part of my mystical practice as well, being aware of thoughts and distractions as they arise rather than letting myself be consumed by them. Context: 1- Context ties back to perspective for me in that, in order to have the proper perspective on a situation, I seek out the situational context instead of simply reacting. 2- I also give context when explaining why certain practices should or should not be engaged, as even innocent practices can have consequences if they are not done properly. Complexity: 1- I like to avoid complexity. I believe in a simplistic life, so any time I can reduce the level of complexity, I do so. 2- That said, I do engage a certain level of complexity in meditative practices in order to occupy the body fully and release me to focus on my meditation.

Power is in the balance of Darkness and Light

Dark Master
8th Dynasty Dark Council

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Setanaoko Raven

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today