Weekly Discussion Subject One - Ayn Rand

More
2 years 11 months ago #979 by Acanthos
I wouldn't say necessarily parasitic... as a life lived in that way could be parasitic, mutualistic or commensalistic, or combinations of. So I think the point is less about the risk of parasiticism and rather the dependence. And if the point is that dependence is bad, then it seems fair to assert that any dependence could be called parasitic on those grounds. Reminds me a bit of Alan Watts using his teachings worldview to justify learning its associated value system :D Just seems like weak justification to me. But I agree dependence is counter-productive. Dependence is a form of slavery. Weakness is a form of dependence as well, but many elect to run rather then accept they are slaved to something. Which leads me to suggest strength is an anti-dote. Does one get strength from running or slaving... I don't know I suppose it depends on the circumstance. The benefit of strength is that it affords one the capacity to neither be dependent (be a slave) or avoid the circumstance which might create dependency (run away from being enslaved). So in my mind it's not bad to help others, unless your too weak to do so without developing a dependency.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #981 by Sasha
Please login to view the answers

~Sasha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko

• TheDude
2 years 11 months ago #982 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Weekly Discussion Subject One - Ayn Rand

More
2 years 11 months ago #983 by Sasha

~Sasha
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today