Weekly Discussion Subject Two - The Force

• TheDude
  • TheDude 's Avatar Topic Author
2 years 11 months ago #991 by TheDude
In my view, the Force is all there is. I adhere to a kind of monism or nondualism, and draw my positions heavily from the fragments of Parmenides and the Advaita Vedanta philosophers of India, as well as my own mystical experiences in meditation. There is no distinction in the Force; there is no limit to the Force; qualities such as time do not apply to the Force. Unity with the Force means unity with all things, all places, all times, ever-present, indivisible, boundless, like the sky. There is neither "big" nor "small" in the Force, neither "good" nor "bad"; everything that is, was, or will be, is the Force without division and without distinction.

I quote from the Ashtavakra Gita here on the nature of the self, as it has helped me in my meditations to viscerally feel that unity, that oneness, that inseparability from all things.

Ashtavakra said:
"Meditate on this: “I am Awareness alone--Unity itself.”
Give up the idea that you are separate, a person,
that there is within and without.
You have long been bound thinking:
“I am a person.”
Let the knowledge: “I am Awareness alone”
be the sword that frees you."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #997 by Acanthos
Please login to view the answers

More
2 years 11 months ago #1001 by Acanthos
Please login to view the answers

Start your path today

Our community is not roleplay and we recognize that life is not as black and white as the fiction. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have a thirst for learning and improving themselves and the world through the unique lens of the Force.

Join Today